Sunday, April 29, 2012

it occurred to me that the month is almost over.

It's been a while since I posted, and I can't honestly think what's changed. So, I guess I'll list what I've done, see if it makes any sense.

Same time I listed the playhouse, I also listed a couple of bicycles that I never ride, and felt they needed good homes.

My dear old Cannondale T-700 touring bike:


And my old Fisher CR-7, which I never really even rode very much. I have an OLDER CR-7, which I rode a great deal, but for some reason, I just never gave this bike the love it deserved:


Anyway, the Cannondale generated a lot of interest on Craigslist, but only one person was actually interested in taking it for a ride and trying it out. So, I hitched it up to Big Dummy, and rode it over and dropped it off for him to try it over the weekend, but alas, twas not a good fit. So, I just gave up, and pulled the ad.

The day I pulled the ad, I got an email from a fellow up at Bucknell University who wanted to buy it and ride it across the country this summer. I suggested he might want to try it first, but he was actually pretty insistent. A few days later, he got a ride down, and took it for a ride, and bought it. This guy was a complete nut! Muyambi, the CEO/Founder of Bicycles Against Poverty, from Uganda to the US, he's going to ride across the country, east to west, and after meeting him, I have no doubt he will do it.

(Google has changed the way this blogging software works, and I'm not happy with it, images and everything.)

Anyway, he bought it. And that was about the big point of the week.

In other news, Got pretty much all of Bob's tools moved back over to his shop, in a vain attempt at creating more space. Also loaded a lot of scrap insulation foam, and old lumber out to the garage/workshop, to clear more space. A fair amount of effort, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect on the cluttered feel of things.

Spent yesterday afternoon trimming out the inside molding on the back door in the addition. That took 4x longer than expected, and due to the strange sizes of the space, and the strange sizes of the material I had, it ended up taking a lot more material as well.

Then today, I basically did this:


I really wanted to get this done, and get the trim on before I took this picture, so I could head off to Cheat Fest tomorrow with a sense of having gotten at least one thing actually done. But it's not done, and I decided that I wasn't going to try to force it, as I was starting to get pretty tired. Oh well. It will wait.


Du gamla, Du fria, Du fjällhöga nord
Du tysta, Du glädjerika sköna!
Jag hälsar Dig, vänaste land uppå jord,
/: Din sol, Din himmel, Dina ängder gröna.:/

I think this accidental colour scheme is starting to get to me. 

Oh well, onward thru the fog.

Next week, Cheat Fest!

--

No comments:

Post a Comment