Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Not a lot

happened today at Cold Comfort.

Bob came by, then left. He was a bit under the weather and the cold addition where we are doing most of our work was, well too cold.

So, I busied myself with other things. With the success of my insulation experiment, I went ahead and started cutting in the foam insulation. I'm not going for a closed finish yet, as I intend to treat the sill plates with 'Bora-Care', but it hasn't arrived yet, so I can't really close it all up.



So, I'm sizing and cutting the panels for that time when I can actually close these walls. Got something of a break in the weather for a few days, will be relatively warm and raining. So I brought all the materials inside, put up 4 wheelbarrow loads of firewood, cleaned up around the place some. Since I had all that foam board insulation in the cabin, I used some of it temporarily to close off some of the big gaping holes in the crib, and Wow! all of a sudden, it's HOT in there. In fact, part of the reason it's so cold in the addition is that the woodstove is sucking outside air in through the addition because I don't have a seal between it and the crib. Well I do now. I think it will help.

Sorry, that's it for pictures.

And that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment