Sunday, March 25, 2012

it's been more than a week

and a lot has changed.

Let's see;

Jimi said he would come up and sand the drywall if I actually got around to putting it all up. So, that kinda lit the fire, having the O-sensei of sanding offer to sand your drywall is a very great honor indeed. So, had to get moving.



Fun with PEX!

started running the pex for the bathroom, realized I didn't plan for insulation, so pull it all back out, insulate it, and do it again;



Laundry rough in. Junction is for the AAV vent for the washer drain.



Bath rough in. Some folks wonder about why bother to insulate the cold water runs. It's pretty simple. Insulating hot water lines is about saving energy, hopefully, but insulating the cold water runs is about keeping the pipes from 'sweating'. Reducing the chance of condensation getting the wall insulation wet, and keeping moisture out from behind the wall.




bath wet wall insulated, almost ready for drywall.



And the inexorable march begins again;







Uggg,

and then the vile mudding begins;



Bob worked so hard on this, I have done what I can, and I'm really really no good at this at all.



And it goes on,



And on,




and on,

and never seems to stop.

Jimi arrives tomorrow, and the sanding begins, ready or not, here it comes.

Uggg.

2 comments:

  1. Chip - Looking just great! I have been in your shoes before, "..and it never seems to stop." But,it will. Then you begin the trim work - have fun with that phase....
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dave;

      Thanks kindly for the words of encouragement. Still in the sand/patch/sand/patch/sand/patch stage now. I see probably 2 more days of that, before I become bored and frustrated with it, and call it done. The trim won't be bad, as I have only a rustic standard to meet. I'm using my own trim, there will more on that later.

      Delete