Friday, May 11, 2012

I finally actually got back to work

on the house. Took a few days to catch up on my sleep after Cheatfest
which was a whole lotta fun, but I was pretty tuckered out. Didn't get much sleep. Then I sorta messed around for a while, hmming and haaing on how to re-design my workstation after seeing Mykl Messer's  set up.

Eventually, I got that together:


With that done, finally got around to tackling the trim and molding.




This stuff is sassafras, courtesy the back porch of Jimi Snyder's shop. It's a true joy to work with, smells WONDERFUL! However, it's all thin strips, so I'm having to rip a lot of them to fit those strange size window and door cavities. Very tedious, and suboptimal. Some of the rips I'm having to do freehand with a jigsaw. I'm grateful I have a very nice jigsaw.

example:


I thought I had all the sassafras in the world, now I'm wondering if I'm going to have enough to finish, I'm going through this stuff like it was free. :) Looks just like I wanted though, I'm actually pretty pleased. They're closing down the cafe, so I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment