Thursday, February 9, 2012

finally started doing some stuff.

After PASA, kinda hard to get started again, too many other things I wanted to do. Tried to see if the folks would come bring me my shed, as the weather on Monday was perfect. But alas, no joy.

So, I started to switch gears in the addition again, hitched up the trailer, and with Bob's good help, we went and bought some drywall and blueboard. But alas, no faced insulation, as they were out of stock, , , again. Bob inquired, and learned they'd have some in on Tuesday, alas, I would be out of town. No matter.

So, tuesday, up at out the door by 4 am to drive down to an appointment in Aldie, Va. Then drive back home in the pounding snow. Got back in time to stop off and pick up the insulation. Then just in time to get to the Permaculture meeting at Irvings in State College, which I had to leave early to get to the Transition Town State College meeting an hour later.

Then that went until 9, and I finally got to bed about 11PM. , , sigh. I can't do this any more.

Today, I started hanging the vapor barrier insulation, and slapping up the drywall.



Now, I don't enjoy using the word "hate", but I will confess that I strongly dislike drywall, everything about it. I do appreciate the fire barrier nature of it though. But I'm really no good with the stuff, and I don't want to be any good with it. When I used to have to mess with it a lot, when I quit that work, i literally threw those tools in a dumpster. Anyway, hanging kraft faced insulation and drywall on a ceiling by yourself isn't a whole lot of fun.

But, it's a start.



Tomorrow, they are supposed to bring the shed out. That should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation for the great post. Those who come to read your Information will find lots of helpful and informative tips. Wooden Window Frames

    ReplyDelete