Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Long time, no blog

Okay, at least it's not been a month yet. :)

So, things have moved along a bit at Cold Comfort over the last couple of weeks.

First up, more insulation:



Same as before, pack the eaves, then start with the batts as soon as possible. Going from R20 to R50 in short order:



Actually, once you come away from the walls a bit, and extend out beyond the XPS, it will drop back down to R45-ish for the finished ceiling. I could blow in more insulation, and maybe some day I will, but when this:



Turned into this:



I started to wonder how much higher I really wanted the insulation to go.

We've had a very mild winter thus far, and I should be grateful for this, and I am.
But I expect that there will a piper awaiting with a bill come spring. I did take a snow day last week and did some exploring around the neighborhood.



First Track!



Nice skiing right out our back door.

A bit thin, but it was good to get out. Too thin to actually go out through the woods proper, but I did have a good time poking up through the water authority roads.

1 comment:

  1. Boy! That's more snow than we had last week. I've been riding a bike in shorts and short sleeves. We've even got two blooms on our Lenten rose.

    ReplyDelete